Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Office

Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Current mood:resilient

So, today started off like any other day. Woke up, hit snooze one too many times. Dragged my ass into the bathroom to make myself presentable for work, and walked out the door 10 minutes after I should’ve been sitting at my desk. I got to work at about 20 after 8:00, sat my stuff down, and started my normal morning ritual. Checking emails, checking Myspace, sipping on my soy chai, etc. At about 8:30 I get a call from our little HR lady saying to come by her office. So, I headed over and my supervisor was sitting in there. I’m like "oh shit...I’m about to get it for being late." Nope. Well, I did get it though. As in LAID OFF. UGGGGHHHHH! So, yeah...my boring job is officially over. Due to the recession and the way the economy is going right now I am jobless. They were careful to point out that it had nothing to do with my job performance and that I’m eligible for rehire. I allowed myself to feel sorry for myself for about 30 minutes. But I’ve been on the phone making calls & trynna make it happen for the past 2 hrs. I’ll be alright. But fuuuuuuuuuuck! WHY couldn’t they have told me this shit at 5:00 yesterday???Rat bastards...Off to the gym I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment