Thursday, October 18, 2007

Faux Pas!

Current mood: amused

Yesterday I made THE ULTIMATE faux pas…

In the morning as I was heading out the door for work, I couldn't decide on footwear. I was wearing a cute new dress in fall colors & wasn't sure if I should wear my usual open toed 4" brown Marc Jacob sandals or luggage brown Marc Jacob boots. So, I tried a boot on one foot and a heel on the other and checked myself out in the mirror. The sandals looked better. So, I ditched the boot and ran out the door.

Fast forward: Just before noon, I got a call from the receptionist that a package had just been delivered for me. It was the Dior saddle that I'd purchased on Ebay. I excitedly ran to the front desk to get it & when I opened it, my heart sank. It screamed knockoff! So, I called my girl Tara at Dior and she told me to come on down for a inspection.

As I'm pulling up to South Coast Plaza, I'm checking myself out in the mirror to make sure I'm presentable (after all, I'd have to walk between Chanel & Hermes to get to Dior which is adjacent to Escada & Cavalli!) The sun hit my left leg & I glanced down & noticed…..I HAD AN ASHY LEG!!!! Yes, me…Ms. Palmer's Cocoa Butter had ONE ashy leg! So, I ran back through my morning toilette in my mind. I remembered getting out of the shower & sitting on the bed & lotioning my legs. So, how the hell could I have ONE ashy leg? It was ashy from just below the knew down to the toes. Like SUPER EXTRA ashy. Like National Geographic ashy. Then it dawned on me…it was that damned boot! So now I'm driving through SCP's parking lot with one hand on the steering wheel and the other frantically digging around in the glove box & center console trying to find my emergency lotion. I couldn't find it anywhere. Damnit…I took it out of the car last week! It was really hot one day & I was afraid it would leak. So, I had no choice but to go into Dior with my now confirmed knockoff and ONE ashy leg.

I was a haute mess…

No comments:

Post a Comment